How to become an IPS officer, I want to become an IPS officer, What are the steps to become an IAS or IPS officer.
How to Become IPS Officer, full information
Hello friends, Today I’m giving an important and useful article on How to become an IPS Officer? Because, this is a very big, respected, responsible and important position in India, as per my understanding, most people or students want to be become an IPS officer but, they not get success even if, worked hard for IPS exam, from there someone also don’t know about how to become an IPS Officer. Hence, first we try to understand what thing need to be do for become IPS officer? like, What study to be do, UPSC Online Form filling, Exam pattern, Syllabus, Age limit etc from this article.
IPS Officer – Indian Police Service Officer
IPS officer is..
- Indian Police Service officer or IPS is an All India Service for Policing.
- Along with the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), India Forest Service(IFS) the Indian Police Service(IPS) is one of the three All India Services.
- The service provide leader to staff the state police and all-India-Central Armed Police Forces.
- It member are Senior officer of the Police.
- After Qualifying UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)
What is UPSC?
- The UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is India’s Premier Central Recruiting Agency in India.
- It is a responsible for appointments to and examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services. like IAS, IFS, IPS, NDA, etc
- Selection IPS Officer is also from After qualifying Exam UPSC.
Educational Qualification Details
To be eligible for becoming an IPS officer, the candidate must passed a degree from an Indian University or an equivalent qualification.
Online Form Filling
- Online form filling this is the first stage of become IPS officer…
- You apply online for IPS Exam from https://upsconline.nic.in when published requirement of IPS officer.
To Become an IPS officer, first you qualified CSE (Civil Service Exam) which is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) each years.
CSE Divided exam for IPS as follows
- Preliminary Exam (400 marks, conduct in August month result in October)
- Main Exam (2075 marks, conduct in December month result in March)
- Interview Exam(conduct in May)
Preliminary Exam Syllabus
It has Two papers(duration 2 hours each and .33 penalty)
Paper I (General Study)
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public olicy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science.
Paper II (CSAT)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level)
Main Exam Syllabus (Candidate attend Main exam, when he must Qualified Preliminary Exam)
- Paper-A (One of the Indian Language to be selected by the candidate from the Languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution) 300 Marks
- Paper-B English 300 Marks Papers to be counted for merit
- Paper-I Essay 250 Marks
- Paper-II General Studies-I 250 Marks
- (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)
- Paper-III General Studies -II 250 Marks (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)
- Paper-IV General Studies -III 250 Marks
- (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)
- Paper-V General Studies -IV 250 Marks (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)
- Paper-VI Optional Subject – Paper 1 250 Marks
- Paper-VII Optional Subject – Paper 2 250 Marks
- Sub Total (Written test) – 1750 Marks
- Personality Test – 275 Marks.
Note: Mark only conducted 7 paper from Paper I to VII Merit ranking from and rest of two papers Paper A & Paper B candidate should be secured minimum marks prescribes by UPSC each years.
- Height 165 CMs (for ST, except SC/OBC 160)
- Chest Minimum 84 CMs, expansion of 5 CMs
There is Difference in age limit per categories, but minimum age 21 years(complete on 1st August).
- General Category: 32 years with 6 attempts.
- OBC Category: 35 year with 9 attempts.
- SC/ST Category: 37 years with unlimited attempts.
- Physically Disabled: 42 years.
Citizen of India
How do you became IPS Officer?
In two ways..
- Passed CSE examination and
- It totally depend up on your Choice to became as IAS or IPS Officer.
What does an IPS Officer do?
- IPS officers in India work as senior police officers.
- IPS officers maintain public peace and order, prevent crime, investigate, collect intelligence, provide security to VIPs, and tackle terrorism and a range of other crimes.
Read in Hindi: आईपीएस ऑफिसर कैसे बने
Tag: I hoped, this article is very meaningful and useful for you get idea about to be become IPS Officer. Please, share this article How to Become IPS Officer to maximum people, if liked. If any suggestion or question related to this, pass through comment box to me.